reset password
cysun
Posted 14:21 Jul 20, 2015 |

Please check out my class design in the attachment. And here are some explanations about the design:

. Use "role" to distinguish administrators, reviewers, and applicants. "Role" is better than "user type" as it allows a user to have multiple roles, e.g. Dr. Pamula can be both an admin and a reviewer. Another important reason is that later we'll use Spring Security which has built-in support for role-based security.

. Separate applicant and application. This allows an applicant to customize applications for different jobs.

. Uploaded files (i.e. cv, teaching and research statements) will be stored outside the database, but the information about the uploaded files (i.e. the File class) will be stored inside the database.

There are usually more than one way to design for the same problem, so if your design is different from mine, it doesn't necessarily mean your design is wrong. If you have questions regarding your HW3 grades, please first talk to the TAs, and let me know if you and the TAs cannot reach an agreement.

poonam31
Posted 16:36 Jul 20, 2015 |

Hello Dr. Sun,

So we should use the design which you have given ? We should change the design which we had done?

Last edited by poonam31 at 16:36 Jul 20, 2015.
cysun
Posted 16:37 Jul 20, 2015 |
poonam31 wrote:

Hello Dr. Sun,

So we should use the design which you have given ? We should change the design which we had done?

You don't have to.

poonam31
Posted 16:38 Jul 20, 2015 |

Ok. Thanks Dr. Sun

kjangad
Posted 18:25 Jul 20, 2015 |

Hello Dr. Sun,

Will it be fine if we use your design to implement homework4? Would it affect our grades on homework4?

cysun
Posted 20:06 Jul 20, 2015 |
kjangad wrote:

Hello Dr. Sun,

Will it be fine if we use your design to implement homework4? Would it affect our grades on homework4?

Feel free to use my design. It won't affect your HW4 grades.

jpatel43
Posted 13:39 Jul 24, 2015 |

Hi Dr. Sun,

If we use your model, then do we have to make changes accordingly again in TEST too  ? Or It's alright to just change the model and continue with homework4 ? 

Thanks.

cysun
Posted 13:57 Jul 24, 2015 |
jpatel43 wrote:

Hi Dr. Sun,

If we use your model, then do we have to make changes accordingly again in TEST too  ? Or It's alright to just change the model and continue with homework4 ? 

Thanks.

See this.

jpatel43
Posted 16:50 Jul 24, 2015 |

Thanks Dr. Sun .