reset password
msargent
Posted 23:19 Jul 11, 2015 |

Will it interfere with the grading of previous assignments for us to continue to commit our work to our svn repositories on cs3 as we go along? It is a convenient place to keep our work, just in case something happens to our computers or we want to roll back some mistakes. 

Last edited by msargent at 23:32 Jul 11, 2015.
hgadhia
Posted 23:59 Jul 11, 2015 |

For each homework you are expected to create a tag(e.g. cs520-hw2). You are given grades based on this tag. You always commit your code to the trunk. So the answer to your question is No. After all that's the whole point of using SVN.

cysun
Posted 08:29 Jul 12, 2015 |

Actually the answer to Mark's question is yes - feel free to use the repository in any way you see fit. Starting from HW3, the SVN requirement in each homework is simply tagging the work before submission. It won't interfere with grading in any way.

hgadhia
Posted 09:29 Jul 12, 2015 |

Thank you Dr. Sun. I guess my reply was a bit unclear. Actually, I meant the same thing, committing to svn will not interfere with the grading. :)

cysun
Posted 09:50 Jul 12, 2015 |

Sorry, my bad. I read Mark's question again and it says "Will it interfere ...", so Harsh is right, the answer should be no. smiley