reset password
raylongma1018
Posted 23:04 Jul 11, 2015 |

So for the sql scripts is it ok to use the sql statement generated by hibernate in csjobs.ddl?

I test it in postgresql and it is working

I am assuming the purpose of step3 is know how to insert elements in our database table.

raylongma1018
Posted 23:14 Jul 11, 2015 |

also for step3 I found there are many elements you didn't ask us to insert into our database table

some of the elements like rank and the relationship between admin to committe, jobposition, etc.. does that means we don't have to design those tables in this homework? because I simply just join the table between admin and other entities, but nothing inside the tables. 

Do we just focuse the table on those you want us to insert elements on step3?

cysun
Posted 08:23 Jul 12, 2015 |

It's OK to use the DDL generated by Hibernate, but you should review them and make changes if necessary. For example, Hibernate uses varchar(255) for all strings, but for something like job description, 255 characters are obviously not enough.

You must do the complete OO design and mapping as required in (2), and in (3) it says "create all the tables and other schema elements".

You may need to insert additional data not explicitly mentioned in (3) in order to meet the requirements in (3). It's up to you to decide whether you want to go beyond the requirements in (3).