reset password
msargent
Posted 15:52 Jun 28, 2015 |

Can we assume that an applicant will use the same information for each job application: that he won't put a degree in for one and not for another?

cysun
Posted 19:13 Jun 28, 2015 |

I'm not sure why you need this assumption, but I'd say yes if it makes things easier.

msargent
Posted 20:12 Jun 28, 2015 |

Thanks for your reply.

The reason I asked was that I had an Application model class and an Applicant model class. But if an applicant's applications always have the same information, then I only need to have the applicant fill out his information once and just associate him with a job when he applies, doing away with the Application class (I suppose this is what was in mind in the assignment, but I just wanted to make sure). 

Edit: Turns out that doesn't work, for the date might change with each application.

Last edited by msargent at 21:09 Jun 28, 2015.
cysun
Posted 23:33 Jun 28, 2015 |
msargent wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

The reason I asked was that I had an Application model class and an Applicant model class. But if an applicant's applications always have the same information, then I only need to have the applicant fill out his information once and just associate him with a job when he applies, doing away with the Application class (I suppose this is what was in mind in the assignment, but I just wanted to make sure). 

Edit: Turns out that doesn't work, for the date might change with each application.

You could make a copy of the previous Application object and change the date. You need to be able to tell the two applicants are the same person though, which may be difficult because there's no registration/login/logout in this assignment. If you want you could use email as an identifier.