reset password
disrael
Posted 12:05 May 23, 2015 |

I'm having an unusual error and I can't seem to find any solutions to it. Whenever I try to run the JSP page it opes up a blank notepad and displays the message, "The filename, directory name, or label syntax is incorrect."

I have tried recreating the IntroToJSP.jsp example done in the video. I have tried creating a new web dynamic project, I have checked to make sure the library is in the tomcat lib folder. I just cant seem to figure out what the issue is.

Any solutions or guidance would be greatly appreciated. 
ytsai8
Posted 13:14 May 23, 2015 |
do you have the same folder hiearchy as the instructor? or did you put your jsp page in the WEB-INF folder?
disrael
Posted 13:16 May 23, 2015 |
ytsai8 wrote:
do you have the same folder hiearchy as the instructor? or did you put your jsp page in the WEB-INF folder?

Its in WebContent not WEB-INF. I did it the same way as in the video example he did last Thursday.

ytsai8
Posted 14:29 May 23, 2015 |
I can't find a solution too :/ Is it happening to all JSP pages or just the IntroToJSP? Have you tried uploading to cs3, maybe it's your compiler or JDE producing the error? Have you tried refractoring the file names? Do the example files from class website work?
disrael
Posted 14:30 May 23, 2015 |

No, I cant get any examples to work. It has to have something to do with the environment I can figure out what though.

ytsai8
Posted 15:48 May 23, 2015 |
do you have the jstl.jar and standard.jar in your tomcat lib folder when configuring? http://csns.calstatela.edu/wiki/content/cysun/course_materials/eclipse
disrael
Posted 15:56 May 23, 2015 |
yeah I checked the Tomcat library folder they're both in there.