reset password
armandop
Posted 22:25 Mar 05, 2015 |

Hi Prof. 

I'm a little confused.  For the extra credit.  Edit Runway, edit Stage, and remove checkpoint,  I thought these were hard requirements for previous homeworks.  Are there different? 

Thank you

dguhath
Posted 00:17 Mar 06, 2015 |

I believe we never had the requirement to edit a runway/stage or delete Checkpoints till HW7. Edit was restricted to checkpoints only and Delete was never a requirement.

Last edited by dguhath at 00:19 Mar 06, 2015.
hgadhia
Posted 02:02 Mar 06, 2015 |

Dr Sun,

As per my current implementation, removing a checkpoint from a given plan, also removes it from the student's copy of the plan. 

Should removing a checkpoint from a plan, still keep it in the student's copy of the plan or not?

armandop
Posted 06:50 Mar 06, 2015 |

@DGUHATH - I see what I did there. I read one of the home works wrong and thought this was the same thing.  Thanks dude!

cysun
Posted 08:55 Mar 06, 2015 |
hgadhia wrote:

Dr Sun,

As per my current implementation, removing a checkpoint from a given plan, also removes it from the student's copy of the plan. 

Should removing a checkpoint from a plan, still keep it in the student's copy of the plan or not?

It depends on whether your plans share checkpoints. If they do, you should not remove checkpoints from students as the checkpoints may actually be from a different plan.

cysun
Posted 08:57 Mar 06, 2015 |
armandop wrote:

Hi Prof. 

I'm a little confused.  For the extra credit.  Edit Runway, edit Stage, and remove checkpoint,  I thought these were hard requirements for previous homeworks.  Are there different? 

Thank you

As DGUHATH said, they were not really required, but if you had implemented them anyway, you'll receive the extra credits in HW7.

hgadhia
Posted 11:24 Mar 06, 2015 |
cysun wrote:
hgadhia wrote:

Dr Sun,

It depends on whether your plans share checkpoints. If they do, you should not remove checkpoints from students as the checkpoints may actually be from a different plan.

Since my plan doesn't share any checkpoint with other plans. But let's say student1 has plan-1. And administrator deleted checkpoint from plan1, it will also reflect in the students copy because he is using plan1. In other words, removing this checkpoint from plan_checkpoints table, also removes it from students copy of plan, who was using plan1.

This is correct right? 

Last edited by hgadhia at 11:25 Mar 06, 2015.
cysun
Posted 11:44 Mar 06, 2015 |
hgadhia wrote:
cysun wrote:
hgadhia wrote:

Dr Sun,

Since my plan doesn't share any checkpoint with other plans. But let's say student1 has plan-1. And administrator deleted checkpoint from plan1, it will also reflect in the students copy because he is using plan1. In other words, removing this checkpoint from plan_checkpoints table, also removes it from students copy of plan, who was using plan1.

This is correct right? 

That's correct, though I don't think it's really necessary to remove the checkpoint from student plans.

Last edited by cysun at 11:45 Mar 06, 2015.