reset password
kaancalstatela
Posted 18:50 Feb 16, 2015 |

Hello,

My csns2 project just stopped working all of a sudden. I'm getting publishing errors while trying to launch it on Tomcat. They're all about not being able to find current dependencies. I've deleted folders from m2, rebuilt indexes but nothing helped.

I'm also getting a bunch of errors on my web-inf folder on jsp files, because of a certain prefix 'c' but i'm assuming that's because my dependencies are not working.

Any help would be appreciated.

kaancalstatela
Posted 18:53 Feb 16, 2015 |

Now I'm having building workspace errors. Here's a copy:

Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder 'Maven Project Builder' on project 'gefp'.
Could not calculate build plan: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:jar:3.1
Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:jar:3.1
Could not calculate build plan: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:jar:3.1
Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:jar:3.1

Gayaneh
Posted 19:00 Feb 16, 2015 |

Maybe pom.xml is overwritten?

If not, somehow the project built is messed up, maybe cleaning and republishing works:

Stop server, remove the csns2 project from it. Clean the server by right-clicking the server and selecting Clean...

Then clean the working directory of the server (Clean Tomcat working Directory ...)

Then try to update the project (to have a new build) and try to run csns2 on Server again.

good luck...

kaancalstatela
Posted 19:10 Feb 16, 2015 |

I've tried some things. Here's the new error list on publishing.

Publishing failed with multiple errors
Error reading file C:\Users\Kaan\.m2\repository\com\fasterxml\jackson\core\jackson-core\2.2.3\jackson-core-2.2.3.jar
C:\Users\Kaan\.m2\repository\com\fasterxml\jackson\core\jackson-core\2.2.3\jackson-core-2.2.3.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)
Error reading file C:\Users\Kaan\.m2\repository\net\sourceforge\nekohtml\nekohtml\1.9.16\nekohtml-1.9.16.jar
C:\Users\Kaan\.m2\repository\net\sourceforge\nekohtml\nekohtml\1.9.16\nekohtml-1.9.16.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)

I'm assuming rinse/repeat till i get a clean working project build? Any other ideas?

kaancalstatela
Posted 19:26 Feb 16, 2015 |

Well I've gotten rid of errors but now my Tomcat server just times out before starting. I increased the timeout time to 90 seconds but it eventually fails to start.

Can't seem to understand what the problem is here. At least solved my dependency issues but that doesn't do me a lot of good when I can't access my local server.

Edit: It's worth mentioning that I have two errors in my WEB-INF/content folder. One if under file/move.jsp on line

<input type="submit" name="move" class="subbutton" value="Move" />

the other is under user/courses.jsp on line

<c:if test="${fn:length(courseSubstitutions) > 0}">

The error is same on both: Operatpr > is undefined for type string and int.

Last edited by kaancalstatela at 19:32 Feb 16, 2015.
cysun
Posted 20:18 Feb 16, 2015 |

How did you fix the dependency errors? It sounded like you've got some hard drive problem that caused the .m2 directory to become unreadable.

kaancalstatela
Posted 20:20 Feb 16, 2015 |

I deleted the m2 directory completely, cleaned tomcat directories, then re-built the workspace and updated maven. It fixed them right up.

However i'm still dealing with tomcat not starting. I'm assuming that's due to errors from before, or perhaps a clean csns2 project might help aswell. Do you have any ideas why I'm experiencing errors on WEB-INF, sir?

cysun
Posted 20:25 Feb 16, 2015 |
kaancalstatela wrote:

I deleted the m2 directory completely, cleaned tomcat directories, then re-built the workspace and updated maven. It fixed them right up.

However i'm still dealing with tomcat not starting. I'm assuming that's due to errors from before, or perhaps a clean csns2 project might help aswell. Do you have any ideas why I'm experiencing errors on WEB-INF, sir?

Even real JSP errors won't prevent Tomcat from starting so you can ignore the Eclipse error markers on the JSPs for now.

In the Servers view, remove all the projects under the server, then see if you can start the server by itself.

kaancalstatela
Posted 20:48 Feb 16, 2015 |
cysun wrote:
kaancalstatela wrote:

Even real JSP errors won't prevent Tomcat from starting so you can ignore the Eclipse error markers on the JSPs for now.

In the Servers view, remove all the projects under the server, then see if you can start the server by itself.

I got it working. But now I'm getting 'an unexpected runtime error has occured, check CSNS Wiki' error.

I've created my csns2 and csns2test databases, executed csns-create and csns-test-insert on pgadmin gui. Am I missing anything?

cysun
Posted 20:58 Feb 16, 2015 |

Read the log file. Chances are you created the db as one user (likely "postgres") but tried to access the db as a different user.

kaancalstatela
Posted 21:07 Feb 16, 2015 |
cysun wrote:

Read the log file. Chances are you created the db as one user (likely "postgres") but tried to access the db as a different user.

Yeah, you're right. Problem solved. Thank you.