reset password
cysun
Posted 16:33 Feb 08, 2015 |

Midterm will be held in Week 7 during class time. For the Tuesday section (Section 2), it'll be on Tuesday 2/17. For the Monday-Wednesday section (Section 1), the midterm will be split into two parts, with Part 1 on Monday 2/16 and Part 2 on Wednesday 2/18. The total time of the midterm will be two hours and a half or three hours (I haven't decided yet).

Midterm will be open-book, and in the midterm you will be asked to implement some new function(s) in CSNS2. It will be similar to what you did in HW3 & HW4, namely, model class design, ORM, database access, testing, and web MVC. Section 1 will work on the Online Assignment component of CSNS, and Section 2 will work on File Manager.

Here are some suggestions for preparing for the midterm:

. I strongly recommend that you use your own laptop during the midterm. If you have to use the lab computers, please arrive at the midterm early so you can set up the development environment before the midterm. In particular, there is no local PostgreSQL server on the lab computers so you'll have to use your PostgreSQL database on CS3.

. You will be asked to submit your CSNS2 project folder in a zip file, so please make sure you have some software like 7-Zip to create the zip file. You may also want to bring a USB drive in case the wireless network fails or is too slow.

. You should check out a fresh copy of CSNS2 and make sure it runs on your computer.

. Section 1 should get familiar with online assignment functions like creating/completing/grading an online assignment. Section 2 should get familiar with file manager functions like creating/uploading/editing files/folders. After you see how it works as a user, it's very important that you understand the code as a developer, and the best way to do that is to come up with some function yourself and implement it. I will answer any question about CSNS before and after the midterm, but I will not answer any question about CSNS during the midterm.

(Please click the subscribe button at the upper right corner to subscribe to this thread. I may post additional information about the midterm here.)

lmann2
Posted 15:45 Feb 15, 2015 |

Will we be able to access any online resources during the midterm?

Tangential at best general midterm note:

I noticed the ctrl+shift+t function (and ctrl+shift+r for files) in eclipse to be super useful while I was trying to reverse engineer CSNS.

Last edited by lmann2 at 17:10 Feb 15, 2015.
lmann2
Posted 17:35 Feb 15, 2015 |

Redirect to more appropriate thread

Last edited by lmann2 at 20:46 Feb 15, 2015.
nahmed5
Posted 21:13 Feb 15, 2015 |
lmann2 wrote:

I noticed the ctrl+shift+t function (and ctrl+shift+r for files) in eclipse to be super useful while I was trying to reverse engineer CSNS.

Hey, your tips was really helpful. Thanx :)

cysun
Posted 21:29 Feb 15, 2015 |
lmann2 wrote:

Yes.

And thanks for tip.