reset password
vluu2
Posted 12:12 Jan 26, 2015 |

I just tried deleting my old files on the cs3 server and re-upload the new files but i'm getting 

some error.. "Error in server, 4 errors" something like that.. anyone know what i can do? 

I tried reloading the server but it won't let me upload anything 

hippiewho
Posted 12:17 Jan 26, 2015 |
vluu2 wrote:

I just tried deleting my old files on the cs3 server and re-upload the new files but i'm getting 

some error.. "Error in server, 4 errors" something like that.. anyone know what i can do? 

I tried reloading the server but it won't let me upload anything 

Your getting that error on cs3.calstatela.edu? or on your local machine server? or are your getting an error in the FTP program your using? screen shots would help

Last edited by hippiewho at 12:17 Jan 26, 2015.
vluu2
Posted 12:19 Jan 26, 2015 |

On the server, when i try to upload things to the server. I keep getting an Error Code: 4. 

I looked it up and it says "General Failure".. i have no idea what that is. 

The files work fine on localhost but I can't delete / upload files on the server

vluu2
Posted 12:24 Jan 26, 2015 |

I attached an image of the error i keep getting when i try to upload my stuff to the server.. 

I deleted the old files that apply to lab 2/3 because i thought i could re-upload my stuff like always.. 

Help? 

hippiewho
Posted 12:45 Jan 26, 2015 |

What are you using to FTP the files?

vluu2
Posted 12:48 Jan 26, 2015 |

I am using WINSCP. I've used it for the past assignments and no errors occurred. 

Then all of a sudden I am facing this Error Code: 4. 

I don't know what to do, I'm going to try and redownload winscp but i don't know if that itself will fix the problem.

hippiewho
Posted 15:56 Jan 26, 2015 |

Did it work out for you?

vluu2
Posted 16:32 Jan 26, 2015 |

It did not fix my problem.. I tried reinstalling WINSCP, i also tried using a different computer to upload files to the server... 

It is not working. What i noticed is that, when i upload files individually such GetImageServlet vs cs320/lab4/GetImageServlet  the first one works while the second one doesn't. However, if i only upload the class itself without the folders, it won't work on the server itself when i try to access it @ cs3.calstatela.edu:8080 etc etc. 

This is what i keep getting:                                                                                                                                                   

Error Code: 4  

Error Message from server: Failure 

If anyone else is getting this problem please let me know if you've found a way around it.

Last edited by vluu2 at 16:37 Jan 26, 2015.
hippiewho
Posted 16:46 Jan 26, 2015 |

hmm weird. I guess I've never tried to just drag a whole folder onto the server, will try this when I get home. I just recreate the folder tree be creating the folder on the server individually and then transfer the classes.

vluu2
Posted 17:23 Jan 26, 2015 |

I've tried recreating the folders individually after clicking on classes.. This also does not work, it won't let me drag and drop a file or create a new folder on the server. Same error over and over, wish someone had a solution for me :( 

LarukuRock
Posted 19:09 Jan 26, 2015 |
vluu2 wrote:

I've tried recreating the folders individually after clicking on classes.. This also does not work, it won't let me drag and drop a file or create a new folder on the server. Same error over and over, wish someone had a solution for me :( 

I honestly think there's something wrong with the cs3 server. I was able to upload files earlier until today myself. I use fileZilla and I didn't change anything in my uploading behavior. I even tried to create a new directory from within the server and it wouldn't let me. 

vluu2
Posted 19:13 Jan 26, 2015 |

There's a couple of people i've talked with and said it was working fine in the morning then when i started asking them around 12-1 today they said it wouldn't work for them so i second that maybe something wrong with the server atm.

LarukuRock
Posted 19:15 Jan 26, 2015 |
vluu2 wrote:

There's a couple of people i've talked with and said it was working fine in the morning then when i started asking them around 12-1 today they said it wouldn't work for them so i second that maybe something wrong with the server atm.

Yeah! The server started acting up for me starting at around that time too!

vluu2
Posted 19:22 Jan 26, 2015 |

At least I know i'm not alone, this server uploading thing been driving me nuts all day..