reset password
kknaur
Posted 10:49 Jan 19, 2015 |

I am finishing up the grading for lab 01 and I am seeing quite a few cases of people forgetting to include necessary library files.  Common things I have been seeing are missing the <cstdlib> and <ctime> libraries for the rand and srand functions.  Also INT_MAX is a constant from the <climits> library.

I said this would be an issue if you use a compiler other than Code::Blocks.  It's your choice which compiler to use, but you have to be aware that some will include certain libraries by default and others will not.  If you choose not to use Code::Blocks then it is your job to make sure you do the necessary research to include all proper libraries.  Otherwise a compile error will result and I will not accept the submission.  For the first assignment I am giving credit despite this, but for future assignments the rule will stand.

Thanks!

EDIT: Depending on the IDE / Compiler there may be an option to not include these items by default and to force you to have to have all necessary #include directives, but you will need to find out if your IDE allows this and if so make the necessary changes.

Last edited by kknaur at 10:51 Jan 19, 2015.