reset password
Ghost50
Posted 22:18 Jan 17, 2015 |

I am stuck on questions 6 - 10 on Lab 2B. Can someone help me please

jonathanfunes
Posted 12:08 Jan 18, 2015 |

im stuck and still on lab 1. im really running a bit behind. can you help me with the steps in getting into the database table?

we run cmd.exe

then e:

thereafter, im lost with what commands to insert. I just need the commands to be able to start with the command mysqld?

Can u help?

Thanks

rcksorto
Posted 00:57 Jan 19, 2015 |

@GHOST50

The basic syntax for SQL is: SELECT argument_one [, ..., argument_x] FROM table WHERE condition;

Other meticulous things can be found in the Lecture 2 powerpoint.

Attachments:
Last edited by rcksorto at 01:01 Jan 19, 2015.
rcksorto
Posted 01:49 Jan 19, 2015 |

@JONATHANFUNES

Command prompt is easier than the Linux terminal (trust me on that). cmd.exe is not so picky; therefore, you will just need to "cd" your way to the directory/folder you have mysql. If it is on the Downloads folder, make sure it is mysql-version-number.zip is decompressed to a folder. Once that is done, rename it to something simpler like "mysql" or "sql" -- as long it is short, the better because it get tedious having to type a long file name on command prompt or terminal every time you need to access it.

Run cmd and navigate your way to Downloads/mysql using cd (change directory) and dir (directory)

Attachments:
jonathanfunes
Posted 12:59 Jan 19, 2015 |
rcksorto wrote:

@JONATHANFUNES

Command prompt is easier than the Linux terminal (trust me on that). cmd.exe is not so picky; therefore, you will just need to "cd" your way to the directory/folder you have mysql. If it is on the Downloads folder, make sure it is mysql-version-number.zip is decompressed to a folder. Once that is done, rename it to something simpler like "mysql" or "sql" -- as long it is short, the better because it get tedious having to type a long file name on command prompt or terminal every time you need to access it.

Run cmd and navigate your way to Downloads/mysql using cd (change directory) and dir (directory)

Thanks for the help. I have mysql in the bin as Mr. Booker suggested, so i go: e: then cd to bin, then cd to mysql?

tbooker
Posted 17:56 Jan 19, 2015 |

Jonathan,

Once you get to the bin folder, follow my instructions on the PowerPoint (MySQL installation).  

Next time, start a new question on the forum so there's no bleed through between CS 122 sections. (I made that mistake myself.)

-Tarik Booker

Ghost50
Posted 22:46 Feb 02, 2015 |
rcksorto wrote:

@JONATHANFUNES

Thanks alot it really helped A LOT :)