reset password
Posted 23:18 Dec 12, 2014 |

How hard you think the final was? I think it was incomparably hard if you put this final and the midterm together. Any thoughts on this?

equinta4
Posted 00:59 Dec 13, 2014 |

That was about 10x as hard, I couldn't believe it. I thought the programming part would be something that we had already seen or could come up with in our heads but that was way out there. I hope he curves or else everyone will fail that class except for those people that were cheating on the final lol 

Posted 01:35 Dec 13, 2014 |
equinta4 wrote:

That was about 10x as hard, I couldn't believe it. I thought the programming part would be something that we had already seen or could come up with in our heads but that was way out there. I hope he curves or else everyone will fail that class except for those people that were cheating on the final lol 

Exactly. I found it to be way too much for 2.5 hours. I really hope this is gonna be curved too.

cthanh
Posted 07:36 Dec 13, 2014 |
I think the final was fair. You should have easily gotten the 40 points if you reviewed your old quizes (which he also provided the correct answers to in class) and if you understood your homework, the questions should have been workable The sum/product question was from lecture(I honestly forgot how to do it but worked something out). The sublist sum was a variation from our homework problem. I struggled in the beginning of the course to figure out how the hell to use Scala and read a ridiculous amount of extra material that didn't really help. But working through the homework and reviewing it a few times, near the end something clicked for me and I think I understand it a bit better. Reading the Scala api also helped a lot.