reset password
AndersonChristoph
Posted 23:11 Nov 20, 2014 |

Is anyone else getting this error?

navery
Posted 22:58 Nov 21, 2014 |

Did the professor tell how to get around this in class? i remember the "pooling" idea, but is there a way to connect once the max_user_connections have happened already?

AndersonChristoph
Posted 01:14 Nov 23, 2014 |

I still have no idea how to get past this...

navery
Posted 15:33 Nov 23, 2014 |
Well the best answer I have so far, (other than pooling the connections), is when you have already connected to the database via the mysql gui. In the left Window pane, click on client connections, and to the right you will see all the current connections open. Select one and click on kill connection. This will free up some of the 5 connections available. This is if you're lucky enough to still have the mysql workbench running that you used to connect to the database initially. I don't remember if there is a default timeout on open sessions, I will try to find out. And I don't know if, (after mysql has been closed), mysql will connect using the previous session used. If so, you should still be able to kill the connections with the method I suggested earlier. There are also command lines you can use, but I haven't tried them.
AndersonChristoph
Posted 23:15 Dec 01, 2014 |

That method you suggested worked up until now.  When I click on Client Connections is shows the error: "Error Starting Workbench Administrator     Exception: Could not connect to MySQL Server and no management method is available".  This is the most frustrating part about this class!  I'm closing every connection right after I open one.

AndersonChristoph
Posted 23:39 Dec 01, 2014 |

After waiting a while it let me click on Client Connections and I could kill some connections...