reset password
jsahagu
Posted 13:52 Oct 24, 2014 |

Professor, have you uploaded the driving test text file to cs3?

cysun
Posted 14:31 Oct 24, 2014 |
jsahagu wrote:

Professor, have you uploaded the driving test text file to cs3?

I did. It's under /tmp.

tonyg
Posted 16:33 Oct 24, 2014 |

I believe there may be an issue with the DrivingTest.txt file under /tmp/ professor.

My DrivingTest application previously ran around 12:45PM, but now it throws a server error.

Locally, the application works. However, when I intentionally change the path in the DrivingTest class to somewhere where the text file isn't it throws the exact same error that I am receiving from the cs3 server.

cysun
Posted 16:41 Oct 24, 2014 |
tonyg wrote:

I believe there may be an issue with the DrivingTest.txt file under /tmp/ professor.

My DrivingTest application previously ran around 12:45PM, but now it throws a server error.

Locally, the application works. However, when I intentionally change the path in the DrivingTest class to somewhere where the text file isn't it throws the exact same error that I am receiving from the cs3 server.

I think somebody rebooted the server so all the files under /tmp were removed. I put the file there again so it should work now.

Another way to make sure it always works is to upload a copy of DrivingTest.txt to your account, and then you can use the path /home/cs320stu##/DrivingTest.txt where cs320stu## is your account name.