I keep having this error whenever I run a servlet 

any solutions ?

thanks 

cysun
Posted 11:36 Oct 21, 2014 |

What's the error message?

clarenceann
Posted 12:04 Oct 21, 2014 |

That was happening to me too when I would leave multiple website running at the same time just save everything and restart eclipse again 

ejaan
Posted 13:15 Oct 21, 2014 |

cysun wrote:

Dr. Sun

This is the error message ( Server Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost failed to start.)

How can I solve that problem please?

ejaan
Posted 13:16 Oct 21, 2014 |

clarenceann wrote:

That was happening to me too when I would leave multiple website running at the same time just save everything and restart eclipse again 

Thank you,

I tried that millions of times but no result !!

cysun
Posted 15:23 Oct 21, 2014 |
ejaan wrote:

cysun wrote:

Dr. Sun

This is the error message ( Server Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost failed to start.)

How can I solve that problem please?

There could be several reasons. Usually you can see an error message either in the Console view or under "Details..." on the error message dialog.

Anyways, try the following:

• Close Eclipse.
  • Open Windows Task Manager, and under the Processes tab, kill any process that says "java" or "javaw" or "eclipse" or "tomcat".

If it doesn't fix the problem and the error message says "port 8080 conflict", you have another service running at port 8080. Try locating that service and stop it.

Another possibility is that it's because of your code. In particular, invalid URL mapping (e.g. missing "/" at the beginning) may cause Tomcat to fail. If this is the case, the error message in the Console view should tell you which URL mapping is causing problem.