reset password
dbravoru
Posted 20:14 Oct 08, 2014 |

I've uploaded the file onto the server using terminal (command prompt equivalent),

but i can't access the website.

i used the 'ls' command and it accurately shows my file there.

I've changed permissions for the file to allow for read and execute.

i'm using the website address /http://cs1.calstatela.edu:8280/~cs120s53/(filename with extension)

Is there a reason I still can't access the website even though the file was uploaded and formatted correctly?

Last edited by dbravoru at 20:16 Oct 08, 2014.
chafra
Posted 21:39 Oct 08, 2014 |

I had a similar issue first time I uploaded it cause I had it as "Recipe.html". I don't know if it's case-sensitive but what I did was remove the file from cs1, rename it to "recipe.html", made sure I had the correct path, and reuploaded it. And it worked. Remove your file, check your path, rename file if needed, make sure to save any changes in the file itself and reupload it. Something is definitely wrong with your file cause I see you already uploaded Testwebsite.html and that's working. I bet you just have a very insignificant error in the spelling or you haven't saved the file correctly or your path is wrong.

dbravoru
Posted 11:13 Oct 09, 2014 |

i figured it out. 

after saving the file in several different locations, i realized that the file was not being saved in the correct place. the file was being placed on the same level as public_html, instead of inside the folder public_html. i have now got it to work, thank you!