reset password
cshah6
Posted 10:25 May 31, 2014 |

Hello Professor,

I want to pass two request parameters at the time of click on logout button in spring security.

I want to do like below line :

<a href="j_spring_security_logout?m=NewGame&type=FirstTime">Logout</a>

How can I do it?

cysun
Posted 10:42 May 31, 2014 |

You should be able to do it. On the client side just use the link with the request parameters. On the server side you can create a logout success handler (see AfterLogoutHandler.java and applicationContext.xml in the Who's Online example). This handler will be called automatically after a user logs out. In the handler you have access to request and authentication. You can use request.getParameter() to get the request parameters, and authentication.getPrincipal().getUsername() to get the username.

cysun
Posted 10:45 May 31, 2014 |

BTW, because implementing 2-player game is already fairly complex, you don't need to worry about some special cases, including the case where a user logs out in the middle of a game.

cshah6
Posted 10:52 May 31, 2014 |

So Is it ok that I will put the springsecurity logout only there where I havn't used request parameters

and not the place where I have passed the request parameter [for ex middle of game ] ?

cysun
Posted 11:02 May 31, 2014 |
cshah6 wrote:

So Is it ok that I will put the springsecurity logout only there where I havn't used request parameters

and not the place where I have passed the request parameter [for ex middle of game ] ?

I don't understand the question.

hhuang30
Posted 11:07 May 31, 2014 |

what I did is leads the user to another url ,

for example, "mylogout.html?parameter=.....", and then some process with these parameters in this mapping method, then at the end of this method, return "redirect:/j_spring_security_logout" using spring security logout funtion to do logout

Is that Ok to do like this?

cysun
Posted 11:09 May 31, 2014 |
hhuang30 wrote:

what I did is leads the user to another url ,

for example, "mylogout.html?parameter=.....", and then some process with these parameters in this mapping method, then at the end of this method, return "redirect:/j_spring_security_logout" using spring security logout funtion to do logout

Is that Ok to do like this?

I guess you created your own pre-logout handler instead of using a post-logout handler. Looks fine to me.

cshah6
Posted 11:10 May 31, 2014 |

case 1 : login -> Game Home page -> click Logout   [I am not passing any request parameter ]

case 2 : Login -> Game Home -> play Game with AI -> start the game -> Click logout [I am using request parameter for identify interrupt and game type]

so my question is that 

Is it ok that I only use Spring Security logout (j_spring_security_logout) in case 1 and not use spring security in case 2 ?

cysun
Posted 11:14 May 31, 2014 |
cshah6 wrote:

case 1 : login -> Game Home page -> click Logout   [I am not passing any request parameter ]

case 2 : Login -> Game Home -> play Game with AI -> start the game -> Click logout [I am using request parameter for identify interrupt and game type]

so my question is that 

Is it ok that I only use Spring Security logout (j_spring_security_logout) in case 1 and not use spring security in case 2 ?

You can still use Spring Security for case 2 as I described. If you want to do what hhuang30 did, that's fine too.