reset password
hhuang30
Posted 19:24 May 25, 2014 |

Hi, When I check the link to the video of Declarative Security Lecture, it always says "The requested content was not found."  Does anybody know what happened? Thanks.

cysun
Posted 19:59 May 25, 2014 |

I've notified our ITC about this problem, but because tomorrow is a holiday, it probably won't be fixed until sometime on Tuesday. If you want, you can check out a couple of old recordings at

http://mediasite.calstatela.edu/mediasite/Viewer/?peid=904a2cc1889343d3a8d5a1aaddcf76fe1d and http://mediasite.calstatela.edu/mediasite/Viewer/?peid=335b80e0cce14070958e9f39ddb512231d

Spring Security is covered in the 2nd one.

hhuang30
Posted 23:54 May 25, 2014 |

Thank you.

A quick question about 2-player game. Each player makes move by turns. 

So, after the first player make a move, he has to be waiting for the second player's move, during his "waiting", should his board be "locked" in order to avoid "cheating"(such like two moves at once)

cysun
Posted 08:47 May 26, 2014 |
hhuang30 wrote:

So, after the first player make a move, he has to be waiting for the second player's move, during his "waiting", should his board be "locked" in order to avoid "cheating"(such like two moves at once)

It shouldn't matter as who's turn it is should be determined by the server. The server can just ignore moves from a player if it's not that player's turn.

cysun
Posted 08:54 May 26, 2014 |

The video is fixed. Many thanks to our ITC Yin who's still working hard during a long weekend.

jpatel29
Posted 16:33 May 26, 2014 |

The Vedio has ended before the lecture ends.

If the recording is not done then it's ok. But if it can be fixed then it would be great.

hhuang30
Posted 17:21 May 26, 2014 |

e.... one more question, I am just curious that have we learned enough techniques to finish 2-player game from "game ready to start"(hw 6 part 2) to game "itself implementation"(hw7)? Or we still need more to go?

cysun
Posted 17:24 May 26, 2014 |
jpatel29 wrote:

The Vedio has ended before the lecture ends.

If the recording is not done then it's ok. But if it can be fixed then it would be great.

The video recording is timer-controlled and it stops at the time when the class is supposed to end. I think last time I went over time for a few minutes and that part was not recorded. If you want, you can check out the old lecture video which should have everything. Also we are not quite done with Spring Security yet. We'll continue on Wednesday and you can ask questions about last lecture if you want.

cysun
Posted 17:28 May 26, 2014 |
hhuang30 wrote:

e.... one more question, I am just curious that have we learned enough techniques to finish 2-player game from "game ready to start"(hw 6 part 2) to game "itself implementation"(hw7)? Or we still need more to go?

You should know how to implement 2-player game by now. The main trick is asyn request processing (i.e. DeferredResult); the rest is just regular Java web programming stuff with a little JavaScript/jQuery, which you are supposed to learn on your own.