reset password
ladodgersfan
Posted 19:40 Mar 12, 2014 |

eric, where you going to reopen the project im just asking because I just want to add this line of code to the aiStrategy method

return (player == 1) ? myMoney : theirMoney; it improved my score on hacker rank. also how are you going to score the project depending on what knockout round we were in.

Anonymous
Posted 22:15 Mar 12, 2014 |

So is the project going to be opened today?

ytsai8
Posted 23:10 Mar 12, 2014 |

Eric said he would open it up to let people have the chance to fix the bad codes or improve the codes.

@Andrew - Eric also said that the last few that weren't taken off the screen is going to get 100%. And btw, if the score from Hackerrank doesn't increase significantly, it probably just matched with some other bots that are not good. I am not saying that the statement doesn't help your AI, but the scores are really unreliable.

I had experimented it, I spammed the "submit result" with the exact same codes, it kept increasing until I have 8 points more than the first time I submitted it. Not sure how it worked, so I am just saying that the score is really not the way to determine if your AI has improved.

ladodgersfan
Posted 18:22 Mar 13, 2014 |

alright, so not everyone will be able to change their code then

Last edited by ladodgersfan at 18:22 Mar 13, 2014.
ytsai8
Posted 18:39 Mar 13, 2014 |

oh, i just realized....you're not andrew LOL..freaking dodger fan and laker fan.......i feel stupid now - -

ytsai8
Posted 18:43 Mar 13, 2014 |

I am not sure why eric didn't open the projects though, he seems busy (not replying on other posts too).