reset password
Anonymous
Posted 15:05 Mar 10, 2014 |

does our code have to look the same as eric's code. i have some diferrences, the domoves method originally just had descriptions that told use to find out valid and invalid moves and now it had an update for calculate who wins each turn. so i did the last part of the domoves method in the getwinner method. is that wrong.

Eric Liao
Posted 16:10 Mar 10, 2014 |

No, you don't need to follow my code template.

The important idea is to get the AI_Template done correctly. In other word, it passes the test case. If it doesn't pass it because you have a different implementation. If you can justify your reason, go with your test case is also fine. 

Again, important part is to pass the test case.

Anonymous
Posted 16:28 Mar 10, 2014 |

alright, what about if we implemented parts of our code into your code it that allowed

hescoba3
Posted 14:46 Mar 11, 2014 |

Do we need to update the bidding game with arrays or just work on the strategy for the AI_Template?

Eric Liao
Posted 14:58 Mar 11, 2014 |

I might get the question wrong, but if you meant whether you need to rewrite/implement the GameEngine.java or BiddingGame.java.

Then, you do not need to modify the code from the template I have, I hope.

If you meant what codes you need to work on, you should only need to work on the AI_Template.java. And make sure your code passes the test cases, test your code by playing against your bot in the game engine I wrote, and upload your bot on HackerRank.com to see how high your bot ranks.