reset password
rabbott
Posted 11:52 Jan 23, 2014 |

I've created a workspace in the shared Dropbox folder, and I created a Scala project for each of you within it. I copied my code into my Scala project, but I didn't copy any other code.  Let's see if we can use that workspace as a shared work area.  Please try this workspace in the Scala eclipse environment and let me know if it works for you. Does my code appear in the workspace when you switch to it? Does it run?  (For whatever reason the Georgia and Bob worksheet wasn't downloaded correctly yesterday. It's correct now. Does it work for you?) Post a note here when you have some working code in one of your projects. I'll see if I can run it. To run someone else's code may require that you open the project and then do a Refresh: select the project, right click and select Refresh, or select the project and press F5.

For Jeffrey's sake (and everyone else) I'll repeat that we decided to stay with the same problems as last week for a second week. I have solutions for all but the Knight's Journey. You are welcome to look at my code and base yours on it, but please be sure you can explain any part of my code that you use.

Last edited by rabbott at 11:59 Jan 23, 2014.
rabbott
Posted 12:22 Jan 23, 2014 |

I'm having some strange diagnostics in Scala eclipse.  Some things are said to be defined twice when they are not. Others are said not to be defined at all when they are. I created a gAndB project (for GeorgiaAndBob) and copied my code into that, which seemed to fix the problem. But I don't know what was going wrong. I wonder if there is some unseen interaction with Dropbox that is causing some of this. If you have similar problems and can figure out what's wrong and how to fix it, please post a note. Thanks.

rabbott
Posted 12:56 Jan 23, 2014 |

Daniel,

I still don't understand how your Alphacode gets the right answer. (I can't find your code to look at it.)  You seem to look ahead but count behind. Why should that give the right count? Whether there are one or two interpretations of the current character shouldn't have anything to do with what led up to that character. In addition, the one or two interpretations effect how the subsequent characters are interpreted, not how the previous ones are.  Can you explain why it works.

rabbott
Posted 18:22 Jan 23, 2014 |

I've copied everyone's code in the new workspace. There are errors in Jeff and Sherry's code that I don't know how to fix. Perhaps you two can look at them.

Last edited by rabbott at 18:31 Jan 23, 2014.