reset password
rabbott
Posted 22:51 Jan 19, 2014 |

I've created a CSNS assignment for week 2. It contains pointers to the four problems we discussed last Wednesday.  Please submit your code to the shared Dropbox folder, not to CSNS. The CSNS assignment will be used just to keep track of points.

Solutions to three of the problems (all except the knight's tour) are in the shared DropBox folder under my subfolder. You can use them in your solutions. But if you do you must understand and be able to explain fully any parts you use.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have about the code.

Last edited by rabbott at 23:07 Jan 19, 2014.
ummata
Posted 20:14 Jan 20, 2014 |

Question on "Georgia and Bob"
I will try "Dynamic programming" on this problem. However, does anyone try "Minimax"?
I want to know If it will work better/faster than DP, please share your thoughts.

rabbott
Posted 21:25 Jan 20, 2014 |

The overall approach is essentially minimax. The dynamic programming aspect is to keep a record of visited states so that the same state doesn't have to be evaluated multiple times. Since we are assuming that the game is short enough to be analyzed through to the end there is no evaluation function. Every game has a known winner and loser. Since both players assume that the other player plays his/her best move, that's essentially minimax.