reset password
Anonymous
Posted 14:17 Jan 12, 2014 |

For  R 2.18 how does the API documentation work? The part that confuses me is when I go to http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/index.html I than click on the left side where it says java.awt on the left side and after that I do not know what to do. For example, How do we answer the first question?

Use the API Documentations to find the methods?

-Concentrating two strings, that is, making a string consisting of the first string, followed by the second string.

How do we figure out how to do this using the API Documentation?

MariahM
Posted 16:40 Jan 12, 2014 |
On the Api documentation site there are a list of packages and classes on the left side. You want to click on the string class. Once you get there, you will see a page of a summary of the class, different constructors and methods of that class and what they do. The question wants you to look for a method that concentrates two strings. By looking under the available methods under the String class, you will find a string called concat(String str). The description matches what the question is asking for. If you clicking on "concat" it will take you to the section that describes how to use it.
Last edited by MariahM at 16:40 Jan 12, 2014.
Anonymous
Posted 19:34 Jan 12, 2014 |

So will that be our final answer just knowing how to use it?

MariahM
Posted 20:24 Jan 12, 2014 |
Looks like the question is asking for the Method, class in which it is defined, the return type,The method name and the types of arguments. In this case it would be:

Class: String

Return type: This methods returns a string that represents the concatenation of this object's characters followed by the string argument's characters

Method name: concat()

Types of aeguments: String

Anonymous wrote:

So will that be our final answer just knowing how to use it?

Last edited by MariahM at 20:29 Jan 12, 2014.