reset password
ttrejo
Posted 13:32 Dec 20, 2013 |

My name is Mary Fishell and I am the 2014 Scholarship Chair for the Measurement Science Conference.  I am sending you this email to ask for your assistance in spreading the word about our scholarship program.  I hope that you can find the time to send this information out to students in the engineering department at Cal State Los Angeles who are eligible for this scholarship!

The Measurement Science Conference (MSC) has an established fund to grant scholarships of $2,000 to students in an Engineering, Science, or Quality Assurance degree program (bachelors or masters).  Scholarship winners will also be welcomed to attend the last day of the MSC on Friday, March 14, 2014, in order to participate in various activities, attend the luncheon, and receive their award.  It is a valuable opportunity for students to learn about measurement science, gain experience in attending a professional conference, and expand their professional network.  The scholarship program places emphasis on experience or accomplishments related to the application or advancement of measurement science technology.  The eligible candidate must meet the following requirements:

1. Be currently enrolled in an Engineering or Science Undergraduate or Graduate Degree Program
  2. Have an overall or upper-division grade point average of 3.0 or greater
  3. Be a citizen of the United States
  4. Be available to attend the Measurement Science Conference luncheon held on Friday, March 14, 2014, at theLong Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, California.

Note:  Current Measurement Science Conference Committee members are ineligible.

All applications must be submitted  to me, Mary Fishell, at marykfish@gmail.com on or before December 31, 2013 (late applications will be accepted through the first two weeks of January).

An MSC sub-committee evaluates all applications and provides a list of recommended finalists to the MSC Board of Directors.  The Board, based on the sub-committee recommendations, evaluates and selects from the recipients list for the 2013 scholarship awards.  I will then formally notify all applicants of the determinations made by the Board no later than February 15, 2014.

The MSC Scholarship Application Form can be found at www.msc-conf.com/scholarship-appication/

For further information regarding MSC Scholarships, you may contact Mary Fishell at marykfish@gmail.com.

I sincerely hope that you can find the time to encourage all eligible students at Cal State LA to apply to the MSC Scholarship!