reset password
rabbott
Posted 20:45 Dec 04, 2013 |

A CSNS assignment gives the the opportunity to say whether you want to take a final.  This will be an individual decision. I'll prepare a final for anyone who wants to take it. For those who do not want a final the quizzes will be used to determine the grade. 

As you recall, at the class's request we skipped the midterm. If you take a final it will count 30% of your grade; the quizzes will count the other 70%. If you say you don't want to take a final, the quizzes will count for 100% of the grade.  If you say you want to take a final but don't show up, the final still counts 30%--and your score for that 30% will be 0.

Last edited by rabbott at 20:53 Dec 04, 2013.
Anon
Posted 14:18 Dec 11, 2013 |

What time is the final again?

jkiyomu
Posted 14:20 Dec 11, 2013 |

I would like to take the final if that is ok.

rabbott
Posted 14:38 Dec 11, 2013 |

It's ok for anyone to take the final, whether or not you said that you wanted to on the CSNS assignment. The final is tomorrow morning 8:00 - 10:30.

Anon
Posted 16:25 Dec 11, 2013 |

Will the final cover all the topics throughout the class including the presentations that our classmates made or is it all from the videos?

Anon
Posted 16:27 Dec 11, 2013 |
rabbott wrote:

A CSNS assignment gives the the opportunity to say whether you want to take a final.  This will be an individual decision. I'll prepare a final for anyone who wants to take it. For those who do not want a final the quizzes will be used to determine the grade. 

As you recall, at the class's request we skipped the midterm. If you take a final it will count 30% of your grade; the quizzes will count the other 70%. If you say you don't want to take a final, the quizzes will count for 100% of the grade.  If you say you want to take a final but don't show up, the final still counts 30%--and your score for that 30% will be 0.

The presentations we made and code we submitted for the earlier coding assignments have no bearing on our grade at all? 

rabbott
Posted 17:50 Dec 11, 2013 |

The final will consist primarily of modified versions of questions from previous quizzes.

Also, if  you signed up to take the final but have decided you don't want to take it, there will be no penalty.