reset password
rabbott
Posted 22:33 Nov 21, 2013 |

You already know that if you do the Anagrams assignment from week 6 and are able to convince me you understand the solution that it will replace two of your quizzes with 10.  I'll make the same offer about the Bloxorz assignment from week 7.

After the quiz on Week 7 you will have taken 7 quizzes (numbered 0 through 6). I promised to drop your lowest score. That leaves 6 quizzes. If you do both extra credit problems, the lowest 4 of the 6 quizzes will be set to 10.

But be aware of the condition. You have to understand your solution and explain it to me in person. That means you have to tell me the strategies the various methods and functions use and how the code implements those strategies. It is not sufficient to read the code to me. You have to convince me that you understand it.

Of course the best way to convince me you understand it is actually to understand it. Please don't submit solutions that you don't understand and try to fake your way through. Besides being unlikely to work, that is dishonest. You will be lying to me saying that you understand something you don't. So don't do that. If you want to do the extra credit assignments, focus on understanding the solution, not just on getting the right answers.

Last edited by rabbott at 22:38 Nov 21, 2013.