reset password
xytian
Posted 03:19 Nov 01, 2013 |

The question is "Students cannot take the course 'Calculus 2' without having received a passing grade in 'Calculus 1'.",

but there is no Calculus 2 in the section table. Should we insert some sample data?

cysun
Posted 08:19 Nov 01, 2013 |

Why is it necessary to have Calculus 2 in the sections table?

xytian
Posted 08:54 Nov 01, 2013 |
cysun wrote:

was trying to write a test query to enroll in 'Calculus 2' that's restricted by the trigger , the table needs (id, student_id, section_id, grade_id), while no section_id exists for 'Calculus 2'

I guess the trigger works anyway

Last edited by xytian at 08:57 Nov 01, 2013.
xytian
Posted 09:26 Nov 01, 2013 |

By the way, is 'Calculus 1' graded or NC/CR? Or should we consider both situations?

cysun
Posted 09:29 Nov 01, 2013 |
megtian wrote:

By the way, is 'Calculus 1' graded or NC/CR? Or should we consider both situations?

Consider both.

talisunep
Posted 16:13 Nov 02, 2013 |
cysun wrote:
megtian wrote:

Consider both.

i was wondering should the failing grade be C- and F here for this question? or F and NC/CR?

Last edited by talisunep at 17:03 Nov 02, 2013.
cysun
Posted 23:37 Nov 02, 2013 |
talisunep wrote:
cysun wrote:
megtian wrote:

Consider both.

i was wondering should the failing grade be C- and F here for this question? or F and NC/CR?

If it's not a passing grade (C or above or CR), it's a failing grade.

talisunep
Posted 02:59 Nov 03, 2013 |
megtian wrote:
cysun wrote:

was trying to write a test query to enroll in 'Calculus 2' that's restricted by the trigger , the table needs (id, student_id, section_id, grade_id), while no section_id exists for 'Calculus 2'

professor Sun how do we test the constraint in the above question Exercise 5.6 (c)
without adding a new section_id which is linked to the course_id  to calculus 2 with course id =72?

cysun
Posted 08:17 Nov 03, 2013 |
talisunep wrote:
megtian wrote:
cysun wrote:

professor Sun how do we test the constraint in the above question Exercise 5.6 (c)
without adding a new section_id which is linked to the course_id  to calculus 2 with course id =72?

What I meant was that a Calculus 2 section didn't have to be already there because you could insert it yourself.