reset password
rabbott
Posted 10:59 Oct 05, 2013 |

A number of people in this class have indicated problems with the wiki.  I don't know whether I can do anything about it, but to determine whether I can please post a record of exactly what you did and what the response was. You can post that information to this forum. If a number of you create such posts with complete records, I might be able to see what's going on. (Or I might not.)

jonathankroening
Posted 11:05 Oct 05, 2013 |

On the Request Account page I filled out the form Username, email address, Real Name, bio.  I check that I've agreed to the ToS and this error is thrown:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "UserAccountRequest::insertOn". Database returned error "1054: Unknown column 'acr_xff' in 'field list' (localhost)".

dyoung14
Posted 11:07 Oct 05, 2013 |

Request account from http://cs.calstatela.edu/wiki/index.php/Special:RequestAccount

I entered a username. dyoung14

Standard email address. dwyoung514@gmail.com

Used my real name. Daniel Young

Some words in the biography.

No CV uploaded. No additional notes made. No list of websites added.

Terms of Service box checked.

Submit

Result:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "UserAccountRequest::insertOn". Database returned error "1054: Unknown column 'acr_xff' in 'field list' (localhost)".

agedam
Posted 11:18 Oct 05, 2013 |

After clicking on request one on http://cs.calstatela.edu/wiki/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&returnto=Courses%2FCS+460%2FFall+2013, I fill up the fields of Username,Email, real name and biography. I agree to the terms and conditions and after clicking request account I get the following message:

(SQL query hidden)

abeponce
Posted 11:28 Oct 05, 2013 |

I attempted to create an account, I filled out the user name, email address, real name, and biography fields and accepted the ToS. After I click on "create account" I get a new page with the following error:

(SQL query hidden)

rabbott
Posted 13:47 Oct 05, 2013 |

This is something that I don't have the authority to fix. I'll ask Fernando to look into it. In the mean time, if someone in the class is willing to share your username and password with the class, everyone will be able to use it to log in and create their own pages. You can enter the assigned information using any login. Once the problem is fixed, the person who shared their login credentials can change their password.