reset password
Mike
Posted 20:30 Oct 03, 2013 |

Would anyone be interested in meeting up and discussing the assignments earlier in the week? I'm hoping we can track down a space with a whiteboard and projector, but I thought I would gauge everyone's interest first. I am available Tuesday before three and Monday/Wednesday after 11:30. Even if you feel that you wouldn't benefit from a study group, please consider joining to share your skills and knowledge. There is great benefit in practicing your explanations of code and concepts.

Feel free to post below with possible availability. Cheers!

abeponce
Posted 21:39 Oct 03, 2013 |

I am interested but none of those times work for me. I am available Wednesday before 9:50, Thursday before or after class. 

Anon
Posted 23:11 Oct 03, 2013 |

I'm interested. I'd be available at 11:30 for two hours on Mondays and Wednesdays, and again on Wednesdays after 3:10. I might also be available Thursday after class for an additional hour or two.

rabbott
Posted 00:53 Oct 04, 2013 |

This is a great idea. I hope you get some people together.

PabloS
Posted 22:27 Oct 04, 2013 |

I'm interested. Tuesday before 3 would be perfect because I have a class at 3. I'm hoping to have a good start on the assignment by then so we can talk about it. You can email me at paeblits@gmail.com

-Pablo

Mike
Posted 11:03 Oct 12, 2013 |

Association of Computer Machinery (ACM) will be meeting Tuesdays from 1-3 pm in room 309. Tutoring help will be available from seniors and grad students, although I would prefer to try and struggle through the problems ourselves. It's a good space with a whiteboard, projector, and a tutoring lifeline if we're truly stumped. I'm personally planning on taking advantage of Tuesday meetings for a start. Bryan (club pres) and Randall (vice pres) were very approachable and quite knowledgable. If you are unable to attend Tuesdays, I highly recommend emailing the club at calstatela.acm@gmail.com to inquire about tutoring. They mentioned that they would be able to hold tutoring sessions at other times to accommodate individuals' schedules. You can also check them out at acm.calstatela.edu. There are some exciting guest speakers and events planned. Hope to see some of you there.

-Mike (the guy at the front of the class with the big headphones who asks too many questions)

Feel free to approach me in person.

Last edited by Mike at 11:41 Oct 12, 2013.