reset password
jkiyomu
Posted 19:45 Apr 07, 2013 |

So I am pretty sure i have been following the instruction on moving files into the server. I transfered:

* Web-INF folder with the .xml file and the class file.

* the path that i have in the build/class folder is classes/webtest/servlet/HelloServlet.class

* i also transfered the HelloJSTL.jsp file in the www folder.

Are those the only files i need to transfer over to the server? The Hello JSTL.jsp file works but the HelloServlet file doesnt. Please help.

dthomas5
Posted 20:02 Apr 07, 2013 |

--ignore this entry--

Last edited by dthomas5 at 20:04 Apr 07, 2013.
dthomas5
Posted 20:03 Apr 07, 2013 |

wait, your path is not right

it should be: WEB-INF/classes/servlet/HelloServlet.class

not classes/webtest/servlet/HelloServlet.class

Last edited by dthomas5 at 20:03 Apr 07, 2013.
cysun
Posted 20:04 Apr 07, 2013 |
jkiyomu wrote:

So I am pretty sure i have been following the instruction on moving files into the server. I transfered:

* Web-INF folder with the .xml file and the class file.

* the path that i have in the build/class folder is classes/webtest/servlet/HelloServlet.class

* i also transfered the HelloJSTL.jsp file in the www folder.

Are those the only files i need to transfer over to the server? The Hello JSTL.jsp file works but the HelloServlet file doesnt. Please help.

"touch" or re-upload web.xml.

jkiyomu
Posted 20:14 Apr 07, 2013 |

Thanks for all the help. I found that when i named the package webtest.servlet it gave me a hard time when it came down to the path. So i deleted the webtest.servlet package and just created a new packaged called servlet. then i transfered all the new files over and the web.xml last and now it works perfect. 

Thank you all for the help.

cysun
Posted 20:18 Apr 07, 2013 |
jkiyomu wrote:

Thanks for all the help. I found that when i named the package webtest.servlet it gave me a hard time when it came down to the path. So i deleted the webtest.servlet package and just created a new packaged called servlet. then i transfered all the new files over and the web.xml last and now it works perfect. 

Thank you all for the help.

Well, as long as the directory structure matches the package name, it should work.