reset password
rabbott
Posted 10:33 Mar 17, 2013 |

Please submit your project reports to CSNS.

In your project reports, please explain the tools you are using. For example, if you use Naive Bayes, please explain what you think Naive Bayes does and how it operates on your data. If you use cross validation, please explain what that means, how it works, and why you are using it. The same goes for whichever tool and processing technique you use.

Keep your explanations to a single paragraph for each subject, e.g., a paragraph for Naive Bayes, a paragraph for J48 trees, etc. Explain at a basic level what the technique does and why you think it's appropriate to use it for your specific problem. Don't just copy a generic explanation of a technique and paste it into your report. Make your explanation specific to your project data.

To allow you time to complete the above assignment, I've extended the project deadline from this evening to Tuesday morning at 4:30am.

Last edited by rabbott at 10:58 Mar 17, 2013.
rabbott
Posted 22:13 Mar 19, 2013 |

One additional extension. The project is due Wednesday at 4:30am--early tomorrow morning . The early-morning deadline is intended to allow you to work on it this evening if you still want to without facing an artificial midnight deadline. I'm assuming that if you're not done by 4:30am, there is no hope.

armandop
Posted 21:05 Mar 20, 2013 |

Hi Prof.  For those (me) that have missed the deadline to turn in the report, do you know how much of the total project grade it will affect?   I was given the Ok to present on Sat as well.

rabbott
Posted 21:36 Mar 20, 2013 |
armandop wrote:

Hi Prof.  For those (me) that have missed the deadline to turn in the report, do you know how much of the total project grade it will affect?   I was given the Ok to present on Sat as well.

Your deadline is 3/23. The project counts 27%.

rabbott
Posted 21:47 Mar 20, 2013 |

The submission system will be opened Sunday evening for those of you who have until 3/23 to complete your projects, 

srportnoff
Posted 23:51 Mar 22, 2013 |

Would you please post details for uploading the project?  I see an upload feature in File Manager, but no way to choose destination area / folder.  Do I just upload to where it says "Scott's files"?

Or do I reply to one of your posts and attach the project file?

Thanks.

rabbott
Posted 00:04 Mar 23, 2013 |

You should be able to upload files the same way you upload any other CSNS assignment. Since the deadline for projects due last weekend has passed, I will re-open submissions Sunday for projects that are due this weekend.

srportnoff
Posted 01:53 Mar 23, 2013 |

Sorry for the trouble, but I still need details. Although I've used CSNS for communications,etc.,  I've never had to submit an assignment through CSNS for any course I've taken. 

Bapa Rao had trouble setting up CS461 for HW submissions at the beginning, and it never got established.  All assignments were emailed to him directly.

srportnoff
Posted 09:46 Mar 23, 2013 |

Never mind.

I see the Upload button in the Project folder with a due date of 2013-03-25 04:30 AM.