reset password
rabbott
Posted 23:39 Mar 16, 2013 |

You will each get a message with a "grade" of either 3/17 or 3/23. 

• A grade 3/17 means that your project is due 3/17 at midnight.  That grade is based on a combination of your presentation today and your wiki page and reflects my estimate that you have not made sufficient progress on your project to merit an additional week. 
  • A grade of 3/23 means that your project is due 3/23 at midnight. I will expect you to make a final project presentation next week in class starting at 9:10.  

In both cases your project will evaluated on the basis of what you added. Running an existing data set through Weka does not involve much value-added on your part. The primary value-added I am looking for are your thoughts and analyses of the data and the tool evaluations you run. For example, if you run a data set through Weka and get good results, you should then determine what patterns the Weka tool found. Just getting good results is only the beginning.  What's more important is what the good results tell you about the data and the problem.  To get those sorts of answers requires that you think about the data and about what the Weka tools is telling you about it.  

Last edited by rabbott at 23:41 Mar 16, 2013.