reset password
wsakura
Posted 00:00 Feb 12, 2013 |

I thought I'd post some notes incase someone needed help with submitting their Construct2 apps. I tried screenshoting stuff for all of you as well. It's added as an attachment. (Ignore the Virtual Machine time. It's off by a lot.) I'm not an expert at this and I'm sorry if there are mistakes. I just thought this might be helpful. I'm not sure if I've forgotten any steps, but if I have, post them in this forum so others will know.

First, once your app is finished, make sure you added the Windows 8 store app object. Then, when you click on it, make sure Test Mode is off. (To get this object, double-click the mouse on the outside of the frame and insert it. It's like how you insert a regular object.)

You need to also make sure that you have completely filled out the project details. (Check the screenshots.)

Next, when you export the project, uncheck minify script.

Other things to note is that your app MUST support touch or it will not pass.

Then, change all the necessary pictures. (Also in the screenshots.)

From there, you can open your project in Visual Studio. It will tell you if anything is still wrong with your app. You MUST change the privacy policy, or it will not pass. (Yeah, there's a lot of things to do or they'll reject your app.) (Check the Screenshots and the privacy website is http://socal.azurewebsites.net/privacy.html)

Once you finish all this, you should be alright to submit your app.
Steps: (In Visual Studio)
1. On top, click "Project -> Store -> Create App Packages" (Follow the instructions from there.)
2. DON'T DO THE LAUNCH TEST FOR CONSTRUCT2 APPS!
3. Then go to the same menu "Project -> Store" and select "-> Upload App Packages".
4. After that, you just need to follow the steps on the site and wait for your apps's approval.

Hope this helps. If someone is having trouble and hasn't read this yet, let them know.

Last edited by wsakura at 00:06 Feb 12, 2013.
wsakura
Posted 00:00 Feb 12, 2013 |

Sorry, first time using attachments.

Last edited by wsakura at 00:04 Feb 12, 2013.
jiechen
Posted 02:20 Feb 13, 2013 |

thanks wendy, these are helpful!

wsakura
Posted 02:22 Feb 13, 2013 |
jiechen wrote:

thanks wendy, these are helpful!

Your welcome. =] Glad I could help.

Last edited by wsakura at 02:22 Feb 13, 2013.