reset password
wsakura
Posted 21:17 Feb 08, 2013 |

I seem to be having trouble passing the radio buttons' parameters.

I named all my radio buttons the same name and I try passing it through with ${param.(name of radio button)}, but it doesn't seem to be working. I have the passing of the indexes working though. Also, I'm passing two parameters with & in between. I believe that's the right way.

msargent
Posted 21:26 Feb 08, 2013 |
I might have had the same problem -- ${param.radiobuttonname} was passing null. My problem was that I did it right after the form in the jsp file, but that information doesn't get set until the page gets reloaded after pressing 'submit.' So I moved the retrieval of the info to the top of the jsp file and set the value in the question there (it happens when the page reloads), then I increment the current question index int. 

I don't know if your problem is the same, but maybe placement of the code is the issue.

Is my reply all capitals? I don't know why.

Last edited by msargent at 21:27 Feb 08, 2013.
wsakura
Posted 22:07 Feb 08, 2013 |
msargent wrote:
I might have had the same problem -- ${param.radiobuttonname} was passing null. My problem was that I did it right after the form in the jsp file, but that information doesn't get set until the page gets reloaded after pressing 'submit.' So I moved the retrieval of the info to the top of the jsp file and set the value in the question there (it happens when the page reloads), then I increment the current question index int. 

I don't know if your problem is the same, but maybe placement of the code is the issue.

Is my reply all capitals? I don't know why.

Alright. Thanks a lot. I'll try that out.