reset password
wsakura
Posted 04:02 Jan 20, 2013 |

When you click on the project to view it, are we supposed to make static HTML pages for those?

cysun
Posted 09:12 Jan 20, 2013 |

Obviously not. You can't make static pages for something that doesn't exist yet, e.g. projects that have not been created.

wsakura
Posted 00:33 Jan 21, 2013 |
cysun wrote:

Obviously not. You can't make static pages for something that doesn't exist yet, e.g. projects that have not been created.

Alright. So would they be new classes instead?

cysun
Posted 11:11 Jan 21, 2013 |
wsakura wrote:
cysun wrote:

Did we create a class for each GuestBook entry in our example?

wsakura
Posted 18:55 Jan 21, 2013 |
cysun wrote:
wsakura wrote:
cysun wrote:

Did we create a class for each GuestBook entry in our example?

No, I remember creating a servlet to handle each operation, then we would pass parameters around to add or delete, but I didn't think we would create a servlet for each project page.

JackStrauss
Posted 19:09 Jan 21, 2013 |

Edit.

I think I figured out the answer to my questions.

Thanks.

Regards.

Last edited by JackStrauss at 20:11 Jan 21, 2013.
cysun
Posted 21:13 Jan 21, 2013 |
wsakura wrote:

... but I didn't think we would create a servlet for each project page.

That's right. You should have a servlet for the operation "display a project", but you certainly shouldn't have a servlet for each project (which is impossible to do anyway because you can't create servlets for projects that don't exist yet).

wsakura
Posted 22:10 Jan 21, 2013 |
cysun wrote:
wsakura wrote:

... but I didn't think we would create a servlet for each project page.

That's right. You should have a servlet for the operation "display a project", but you certainly shouldn't have a servlet for each project (which is impossible to do anyway because you can't create servlets for projects that don't exist yet).

Oh, alright. Thank you.