reset password
rabbott
Posted 15:06 Nov 17, 2012 |

After posting this message I will mail out tentative grades. For the most part, the grades are fairly generous. (I hope you agree.) If you are satisfied with the grade, please let me know. If you want to talk to me about your grade, please sign up in one of the sign-up slots on the course page. At these meetings we will discuss the work you did during the quarter and your understanding of it. Your understanding is most important. If your programs get the right answer but you can't explain how they work or why they got the right answer, that is not satisfactory.  

After these meetings I will come up with a revised grade. The revised grade may be the same as the tentative grade, or it may be higher or lower. (If based on our discussion I believe that the tentative grade is an overestimate of your work and your understanding the revised grade will be lower. These appointments are not without risk on your part.)

Sign up slots are available Tuesdays and Thursdays for the remainder of the regular term. If there are more people than slots, I'll open new slots during finals week.

I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.

-- Russ Abbott

Last edited by rabbott at 15:14 Nov 17, 2012.
rabbott
Posted 20:38 Nov 18, 2012 |

So far no one has signed up for an appointment for Tuesday, Nov 20. If there are no sign-ups by 6:00pm Monday evening, I'll delete those sign-up slots. It will still be possible to sign up for Tuesday or Thursday of the following week.

-- Russ Abbott

Last edited by rabbott at 20:39 Nov 18, 2012.
rabbott
Posted 09:51 Nov 23, 2012 |

So far no one has signed up for a conference about their tentative grade. That's fine. But I don't want to discourage you from doing that. It's entirely possible that I underestimated your knowledge of the material. If you think you know the material better than the grade gives you credit for, please sign up for a conference and we will talk about it.

So that I can make my own plans, the deadline for signing up will be 6:00pm the day before.

Last edited by rabbott at 09:52 Nov 23, 2012.
rabbott
Posted 16:59 Nov 23, 2012 |

The grade distribution for the tentative grades is as follows.

A: 7; A-: 4; B+: 2; B: 7; B-: 5; C+: 2; C: 6; C-: 3; D+: 1; D: 3

That produces a median grade of B/B+