reset password
rabbott
Posted 09:03 Nov 11, 2012 |

Since the Coursera course is not holding a final we can't use it for a CS 332F grade. So here's what I'm thinking of doing.

At the end of this coming week (after I see you all for the final assignment discussion period) I'll send you each a tentative grade. It will be based primarily on the overall impression of your work that I gathered over the course of our meetings. The last four meetings will be weighted somewhat more strongly than the first four to allow for the adjustment needed to start thinking functionally. The first four aren't being ignored; it's just that the last four will count somewhat more, e.g., a ratio of 3-to-2.

If you are comfortable with the proposed grade, let me know and you will have no more to do this quarter! If you want to talk to me about a higher grade, there will be a place to sign up on the wiki. The appointment periods will be spread out over the final weeks of the quarter and the standard final period. Half an hour will be allocated for each of these meetings. At these meetings I'll expect you to explain the work you did and convince me that the impression implied by the tentative grade underestimates the work you did and your actual understanding of the material. I will probably ask you about some of your work. This will not be a completely risk-less opportunity. As a result of these meetings your grade may go up, stay the same, or go down.

If you have questions about this plan, please post them here.

-- Russ Abbott

Last edited by rabbott at 09:05 Nov 11, 2012.