reset password
agedam
Posted 15:18 Oct 28, 2012 |

I have a question as I am trying to clean up and sort out HW 3. I was checking out the USER class and found out it has column called roles. While working with this I found out that there is role assigned for the faculty, even John Doe is assigned a role of instructor. Role belongs to the user and not to the project.

I wanted to know how we can work the issue out of having a role of member of the project.

cysun
Posted 15:33 Oct 28, 2012 |

Roles are used for security purposes. We'll cover that later.

You shouldn't use roles for keeping track of project members.

agedam
Posted 16:14 Oct 28, 2012 |

So for differentiating faculty and project members, is it wise to make a property called isFaculty (Boolean) under the class User (csns.model.core.User)?

cysun
Posted 18:59 Oct 28, 2012 |

The information about who is a faculty and who is not is in the Department class.

agedam
Posted 21:05 Oct 29, 2012 |

I have another problem.I've connected MyEclipse with my Postgresql-Database, created all needed Tables with the SQL-Editor but whenever I try to execute the program, I always get the error-message in the TESTNG: 

org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [

drop sequence hibernate_sequence]; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: sequence "hibernate_sequence" does not exist

I have crossed checked already and I have hibernate_sequence...Is there any clue where I am going wrong?

Last edited by agedam at 21:05 Oct 29, 2012.
cysun
Posted 21:09 Oct 29, 2012 |
agedam wrote:

I have another problem.I've connected MyEclipse with my Postgresql-Database, created all needed Tables with the SQL-Editor but whenever I try to execute the program, I always get the error-message in the TESTNG: 

org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [

drop sequence hibernate_sequence]; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: sequence "hibernate_sequence" does not exist

I have crossed checked already and I have hibernate_sequence...Is there any clue where I am going wrong?

I'm not sure what you are trying to do. If you are trying to run the TestNG tests, you shouldn't create the tables manually. Also I don't remember there are tests to create objects.