reset password
rabbott
Posted 18:40 Jun 08, 2012 |

I was unable to open the eclipse workspace (...\Dropbox\CS_460_Ant_Programs\workspace). Eclipse gave me an error. I suspect that the problem has something to do with multiple people using the same workspace from different computers.  To get eclipse to run at all I had to copy the workspace (to workspace - Copy) and then delete the original workspace folder. Then I was able to get eclipse started.

It would probably be best for us each to work in our own workspaces. I created a workspace RussAbbottWorkspace where I'll be working. You should each create on for yourself. You may copy code from another workspace into your own workspace.  Eclipse doesn't automatically recognize a folder in a workspace as an eclipse project. To re-create a project, first create the project in eclipse (before copying the folder) and then copy the folder into the project folder that eclipse created. (If you copy the original project folder first and then try to create the project in eclipse, eclipse will refuse.)  Once the project is created and the code copied, you can then select the project in eclipse and click refresh (F5) under the file menu.

Once you get eclipse open in some workspace you can switch to your own workspace by selecting SwitchWorkspace under the file menu.

-- Russ Abbott

Last edited by rabbott at 18:41 Jun 08, 2012.