reset password
rabbott
Posted 14:31 May 05, 2012 |

To avoid problems with blank spaces in the folder name, I changed the Dropbox folder

to Dropbox\CS_460_Ant_Programs. I also moved the original Python tools folder and a

PlayAGame.cmd file into that folder.  If you go to that folder and type 

> PlayAGame

a game is played among xathisOriginal, BlueCat and GreedyBot.  GreedyBot is a Python

bot distributed with the download. BlueCat is the program I submitted last fall.  You can

see that BlueCat holds its own against xathis until about move 150. Because xathis is

so cautious, BlueCat is often able to step on GreedyBot's hill when xathis backs off.

To run your program, copy your jar file to the CS_460_Ants_Programs directory. Open a

command/prompt window in that directory, substitute your program's name for one of the

contestants in PlayAGame (or make a copy with your program's name), and then type

PlayAGame at the command prompt.

-- Russ Abbott

rabbott
Posted 14:34 May 05, 2012 |

P.S. I also created a workspace folder in CS_460_Ants_Programs. You are welcome to create your own subfolder and eclipse project there.

rabbott
Posted 16:32 May 05, 2012 |

There is now a script called PlayAGame2 which will run any two jar files against each other.  For example,  

> playagame2 xathisOriginal bluecat

plays xathisOriginal against BlueCat.  Apparently windows is case insensitive; the actual file names are PlayAGame2.cmd, xathisOriginal.jar, and BlueCat.jar.  (The extensions are not necessary when entering the command.)

abess
Posted 11:48 May 06, 2012 |

I can see all the files and everything, but the folder is still named CS 460 ant programs for me, with blank spaces.

rabbott
Posted 12:14 May 06, 2012 |

Strange. Here is what it looks like on my computer. I clicked the Share option. It listed everyone as being a member. See attached. What happens if you change the name on your computer?

abess
Posted 15:43 May 06, 2012 |

Yeah, I'm still getting the changes.  I changed it to CS 460 Ant Program (without underscores), and seems like i'm still getting the changes, but seems like I'm the only one who can see what I renamed the folder... I guess shared folder names are all individual, you can rename them as you please and it won't change the contents.

abess
Posted 15:48 May 06, 2012 |

It made a ton of "conflicting files" copies though, had to search for and delete them, sorry about that everyone.. 

Now that I think about it, that's gonna happen a lot with everyone changing these files and everyone using the files (or keeping them open) at the same time.

Sorry about the doublepost.