reset password
malamma
Posted 11:50 Apr 07, 2012 |

The homework says the final url should look like:

http://localhost:8080/csns2/sites/fall2010/cs320/section1/

But nothing is currently there. 

However, the quarter class returns "fall 2010" instead of "fall2010" (no space) using the toString() method. Should we try to match the example URL exactly by adding another method to the Quarter model or is the extra space OK?

Thanks!

cysun
Posted 12:05 Apr 07, 2012 |

Yes, currently there's nothing at the URL and that's OK - you'll create something there in later assignments.

And you should match the example URL exactly. If you want, you could add another getter in Quarter to return the quarter string in the required format.

DavidGilbert
Posted 17:13 Apr 11, 2012 |
cysun wrote:

Yes, currently there's nothing at the URL and that's OK - you'll create something there in later assignments.

And you should match the example URL exactly. If you want, you could add another getter in Quarter to return the quarter string in the required format.

Dr. Sun,

It's been a while since I took web programming (almost 3 years).  Once I create the getter method in Quarter, how do I access it from the viewSections.jsp?

cysun
Posted 17:30 Apr 11, 2012 |
DavidGilbert wrote:
cysun wrote:

Dr. Sun,

It's been a while since I took web programming (almost 3 years).  Once I create the getter method in Quarter, how do I access it from the viewSections.jsp?

Using Expression Language. We'll review EL and some other things tomorrow. You can also use existing code in viewSections.jsp as examples. Because you took 320 so long ago, you may want to do a more thorough review of 320 topics on your own. The 320 textbook is now freely available online at http://volume1.coreservlets.com/.