reset password
nmkrtch
Posted 13:14 Jan 15, 2012 |

Dear Professor,

When I am trying to run my program I get the following error message

"The Tomcat server configuration at \Servers\Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost-config is missing. Check the server for errors."

can you advise what action do I need to take?

Thank you in advance

Attachments:
cysun
Posted 15:43 Jan 15, 2012 |

The first error message says port 8080 is in use. Usually this means you have a Tomcat process that was not shut down properly. To fix this, exit Eclipse, then open Windows Task Manager, and in the Processes tab, kill any process that's named "java" or "javaw" or "eclipse". Then restart Eclipse.

If the above procedure does not fix the problem, it means you have some other service running at port 8080. You need to shutdown that service.

I don't know what the 2nd error message means. You could try recreate the server runtime and see if it works. In Eclipse -> Window -> Preferences -> Server -> Runtime Environments, remove the server runtime. Next time when you run your project, you can recreate the server runtime like you did before.

nmkrtch
Posted 16:03 Jan 15, 2012 |

I did everything you've advised but it did not fix the error. :(

Please let me know what else should I do.

cysun
Posted 19:49 Jan 15, 2012 |

If you can't find the service that runs at 8080, then change Tomcat's port. In Eclipse's Project Explorer view, open the file server.xml under Servers -> Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost-config. Look for port="8080" in the file and change 8080 to some other number, e.g. 4040.

nmkrtch
Posted 20:06 Jan 15, 2012 |

Still doesn't work :(((

cysun
Posted 08:39 Jan 16, 2012 |

If it's on a laptop, you can bring it to my office hours.