reset password
aligh1979
Posted 23:46 Nov 07, 2011 |

I am trying to set up the server and user ,I have followed the video . when adding my account with either  IMAP or POP3 . it can not send email and says "Server unexpectedly terminate the connection"

cysun
Posted 08:04 Nov 08, 2011 |

Check if you already have an SMTP server running.

aligh1979
Posted 08:48 Nov 08, 2011 |

is there any way to test if the server i really working within the hMailServer itself , before using a mail client like outlook ?

Attachments:
Last edited by aligh1979 at 08:59 Nov 08, 2011.
cysun
Posted 09:22 Nov 08, 2011 |

In Services, check if hMailServer is running, and check if there's something called "Microsoft SMTP" (I can't remember the exact name, but SMTP is in the name) is running.

aligh1979
Posted 09:26 Nov 08, 2011 |

I found an option inside the "hMailServer "  as Diagnostic (the last on the let side panel) here is the snapshot of the error it says

Attachments:
Last edited by aligh1979 at 09:27 Nov 08, 2011.
cysun
Posted 09:32 Nov 08, 2011 |

Well, in that case, locate the hosts file on your system, and add the following two entries:

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain
::1             localhost.localdomain

Restart the system and see if it works.

aligh1979
Posted 10:43 Nov 08, 2011 |

1. it worked !  , but:

2. I could not find anything under services as smtp

3.adding that Ip  line to hosts in system32 , add something named "Auto-Ban" under ip ranges in hMailServer .  (snapshot taken)

4. the diagnostic error still has the same error .

5. when you are setting up outlook , and doing it manually , for user name enter "yourname@localhost.localdomain" , not just your name

6. it works any way and I am able to send and receive email

Attachments:
cysun
Posted 11:03 Nov 08, 2011 |

2. That means you don't have another SMTP server running, which is good.

3. Auto-Ban is a hMailServer feature that auto bans an account if login failed three times.

4. It's probably the old error from the log.

Harshil
Posted 22:41 Nov 09, 2011 |

Hi,

I have the similar issue. I am not able to Send / Receive

Dear Prof, I follow all the steps that you have suggested, 

-> add the entries into Hosts file and restart the machine

-> There is no other SMTP service is running on my machine.

-> Still I am getting the same error at "Diagnostics" in hMailServer.

At Microsoft Outlook, when  click on "Send and Receive", it gives me the following error:

" Task 'localhost - Receiving' reported error (0x800408FC) : 'The server name you entered can not be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Please verify that you are online and that the server name is correct.'"

"Any Idea or any help"

Thanks and Regard,

cysun
Posted 09:11 Nov 10, 2011 |
Harshil wrote:

" Task 'localhost - Receiving' reported error (0x800408FC) : 'The server name you entered can not be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Please verify that you are online and that the server name is correct.'"

So it basically couldn't resolve the host name of your email server. When you run a local server you can specify the server host name/address as one  of the following:

• localhost
  • localhost.localdomain

At least one of them should work.

Vanquish39
Posted 15:59 Nov 11, 2011 |

Hi Professor, I'm having problem sending email also. 

I cannot find any SMTP service running but I found the hMailServer running

It gives me this error.

Task 'gbagdas@localhost.localdomain - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Is it okay if I use gmail server to send email?

Last edited by Vanquish39 at 16:27 Nov 11, 2011.
yychen
Posted 21:30 Nov 11, 2011 |

I also have problems sending email through the localhost

This is my error message:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Localhost (yychen) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR Invalid user name or password. Too many invalid logon attempts.
Server: 'localhost'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No
cysun
Posted 08:59 Nov 12, 2011 |
Vanquish39 wrote:

Hi Professor, I'm having problem sending email also. 

I cannot find any SMTP service running but I found the hMailServer running

It gives me this error.

Task 'gbagdas@localhost.localdomain - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Is it okay if I use gmail server to send email?

The 0x800CCC0F error is likely due to some authentication failure. a) Make sure you use the full email address as the account name. b) Check if the account is already banned in hMailServer Administrator due to previous failed login attempts, and if so, un-ban it. c) Search "0x800CCC0F" in the hMailServer support forums "General discussions" and "Installation problems".

And yes, you can use GMail.

cysun
Posted 09:01 Nov 12, 2011 |
yychen wrote:

I also have problems sending email through the localhost

This is my error message:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Localhost (yychen) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR Invalid user name or password. Too many invalid logon attempts.
Server: 'localhost'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

Please see my reply to VANQUISH39. Yours is likely the same problem except that you are trying to receive email instead of sending.

aligh1979
Posted 20:52 Nov 14, 2011 |

in build.properties there is a section that needs to be taken care of in order to make the email sending and receiving work in csns2 .

## The SMTP server for outgoing emails.
mail.smtp.server=localhost
mail.smtp.username=cysun@localhost.localdomain
mail.smtp.password=...

I set it up to cysun and it works , only question in my mind is what is this for exatly and what is it doing ? it says the SMTP server for outgoing email . so why do we need to specify a specific email like cysun@...  for it?

cysun
Posted 21:20 Nov 14, 2011 |
aligh1979 wrote:

in build.properties there is a section that needs to be taken care of in order to make the email sending and receiving work in csns2 .

## The SMTP server for outgoing emails.
mail.smtp.server=localhost
mail.smtp.username=cysun@localhost.localdomain
mail.smtp.password=...

I set it up to cysun and it works , only question in my mind is what is this for exatly and what is it doing ? it says the SMTP server for outgoing email . so why do we need to specify a specific email like cysun@...  for it?

That's the SMTP server and the username and the password for accessing the server - most email servers require authentication for sending/receiving emails.