reset password
aligh1979
Posted 11:30 Oct 05, 2011 |

when we are about to create a tag for home work 1 in eclipse there is an option at the end that change the working copy to tag (something like that) ,  I am sort of confused about the meaning of "working copy" , does it mean on my desktop or repository?

if I said yes then it would check out the created tag to my eclipse workspace?

cysun
Posted 14:25 Oct 05, 2011 |
aligh1979 wrote:

when we are about to create a tag for home work 1 in eclipse there is an option at the end that change the working copy to tag (something like that) ,  I am sort of confused about the meaning of "working copy" , does it mean on my desktop or repository?

if I said yes then it would check out the created tag to my eclipse workspace?

Working copy means your local copy. Note that a version control system keeps track of where you working copy comes from, e.g. the trunk or a branch, so when you commit, your changes go back to the trunk/branch from which the working copy is originally checked out. I never tried this in Eclipse, but I believe if you say yes, Subclipse would switch the "origin" of your working copy from trunk to that tag, which is definitely not what you want. However, that option may be useful when you pull a branch.