reset password
yychen
Posted 23:44 Sep 30, 2011 |

In your import tutorial, it says that Right click on the project name then select Team -> Share Project....

But I'm not able to find Share Project in Team. How do I get that selection? 

Thank you 

aligh1979
Posted 23:59 Sep 30, 2011 |

reply to :

"In your import tutorial, it says that Right click on the project name then select Team -> Share Project....

But I'm not able to find Share Project in Team. How do I get that selection?"

it should be a regular java EE project and not connected to repository . if it is connected to it (has a * star) then go to team --> disconnect and you can choose the option to delete it from the repository also . after that team only have two options and one of them is share...

the other thing you could do if this did not work , delete it and make another java EE project and try again.

Last edited by aligh1979 at 00:20 Oct 01, 2011.
cysun
Posted 07:58 Oct 01, 2011 |

Also remember that "import" is to put a project under version control, and you only do it once per project (for CSNS2 I already did it for you). To save your changes to the repository, you do "commit".

yychen
Posted 09:25 Oct 01, 2011 |
cysun wrote:

Also remember that "import" is to put a project under version control, and you only do it once per project (for CSNS2 I already did it for you). To save your changes to the repository, you do "commit".

Thank you Dr. Sun. 

How do I create SVN Repositories? Can I do the following thing :

Can I go to Window -> Open Perspective -> Other -> SVN Repositories -> And there's this Add SVN Repositories button to add a new Repository

cysun
Posted 09:36 Oct 01, 2011 |
yychen wrote:
cysun wrote:

Thank you Dr. Sun. 

How do I create SVN Repositories? Can I do the following thing :

Can I go to Window -> Open Perspective -> Other -> SVN Repositories -> And there's this Add SVN Repositories button to add a new Repository

You don't need to create a new repository. What you described is to add the location of an existing repository to Eclipse (kind of like adding a connection to an existing database).

Last edited by cysun at 09:36 Oct 01, 2011.
yychen
Posted 09:46 Oct 01, 2011 |

Sorry to bother you. But I have one thing I do not understand when I commit the project the pop up screen says that it is commit to: svn://cs3.calstatela.edu/cs520/f11/cs520stu02/csns/trunk. Is this the right place to commit. In the homework 1 page it says that "commit the changes you've made to your Subversion repository, then create a tag called cs520-hw1"  

But I'm not too sure where can I create a tag in the subversion repository. Did I do something wrong? 

cysun
Posted 09:50 Oct 01, 2011 |
yychen wrote:

Sorry to bother you. But I have one thing I do not understand when I commit the project the pop up screen says that it is commit to: svn://cs3.calstatela.edu/cs520/f11/cs520stu02/csns/trunk. Is this the right place to commit. In the homework 1 page it says that "commit the changes you've made to your Subversion repository, then create a tag called cs520-hw1"  

But I'm not too sure where can I create a tag in the subversion repository. Did I do something wrong? 

It seems like you didn't understand much from the lecture. Please watch the lecture video at http://ess-msite.calstatela.edu/mediasite/Viewer/?peid=b2fd2ecba2fd47bba4400f96ddd2efc8 and do the reading assignment of HW1. If you are still confused, please come by my office hours.

yychen
Posted 10:08 Oct 01, 2011 |

Sorry I misread the whole thing. I need to commit the package first, then in the svn trunk folder I add cs520-hw1 to the tags folder. It's two actions and not one....