reset password
cyork
Posted 15:18 Sep 23, 2011 |

I downloaded and installed MySQL on my desktop,  My desktop OS is Microsoft XP.  However, when I launch the workbench I get this error and a message that the application will continue but may be in an unstable state. Refer to the attached WordPad document  Then nothing comes up for the Workbench but the command line does come up.  What should I do?

Attachments:
Last edited by cyork at 15:45 Sep 23, 2011.
cysun
Posted 16:12 Sep 23, 2011 |

I was not able to reproduce the problem on my WinXP. According to Google, this error message usually means the software contains debug code, which should not happen if you are using the GA releases. I'd suggest you try a different package - if you installed from the MSI installer package, then try the non-install ZIP package, and vice versa. If it still doesn't work, I guess you'll have to use the command line client, which is actually quite easy to use as you'll see in class next week.

stariq2
Posted 02:03 Sep 24, 2011 |

It was giving me the same error when i tried installing  MSI installer package for MySQL Workbench but  the non-install ZIP package is working anyways!

cyork
Posted 15:39 Sep 25, 2011 |

Thanks to both respondents.  I was able to get MySQL Workbench to work by first installing the MySQL DBMS as instructed using the .msi download then installing MySQL Workbench using a different .msi download for the workbench.