reset password
abess
Posted 00:38 May 03, 2011 |

Some of my friends complained that every time I, or one of my classmates make a thread in this forum, an email is sent to them alerting them of it, even if they aren't part of the CS320 class.  Although I am not having the same problem (I only get emailed when someone posts in the cs320 class forum), is there a setting that can be changed so that they do not get spammed?  I think they would like to recieve topic notifications only from their own forums, and they are constantly harassing me about creating new topics in this forum...

Are there any solutions to this other than completely turning off email notifications?

Last edited by abess at 01:09 May 03, 2011.
rbogle
Posted 00:46 May 03, 2011 |

login > profile > forums > find the forum thats e-mailing them > unsubscribe

I WOULD THINK CS MAJORS COULD FIGURE THIS OUT!

....we are doomed.....

Last edited by rbogle at 00:49 May 03, 2011.
dely
Posted 01:07 May 03, 2011 |

Every email contains a link to unsubscribe, yet they never click on it.

cysun
Posted 07:31 May 03, 2011 |

When a student is added to a class, CSNS automatically subscribes the student to the class forum. Currently unsubscribing is not automatic because it requires a scheduled job (i.e. something runs periodically), which we haven't implemented yet. As RBOGLE and DELY said, to unsubscribe, either click on the unsubscribe link included in the email, or do it wholesale at Profile -> Forums.