reset password
kknaur
Posted 13:07 Apr 08, 2011 |

I think these are correct.  I am uploading them in case anyone needs to see some outputs.  Hope this helps!!

GRAY-SCALE

BI-LEVEL WITH THRESHOLD                                                  

BI-LEVEL WITH ERROR DIFFUSION

QUAD-LEVEL WITH ERROR DIFFUSION

UNIFORM COLOR QUANTIZATION (24BITS -> 8BITS)

UNIFORM COLOR QUANTIZATION INDEX FILE

ashasabeer
Posted 13:30 Apr 08, 2011 |

below image i got for  Gray-scale Image

Attachments:
intregrisist
Posted 19:21 Apr 08, 2011 |

@ashasabeer - I got the exact same thing.

cbort
Posted 19:31 Apr 08, 2011 |

bi lvl error diffusion

2 color threshold

gray scale 24

quad level err diff

uniform color

Uniform color index

cbort
Posted 19:36 Apr 08, 2011 |

and the original... ours match pretty well except for the 2 color threshold one but I find it hard to believe that the region in the middle that is white on yours should be that way with how closely related the colors are for the entire duck are...

hope this helps

continue adding them majority is usually right :P

intregrisist
Posted 19:40 Apr 08, 2011 |

Just wanted to let you guys know that if you upload the image as KKNAUR and CBORT, the image gets transformed into a JPEG and it will not output/display as your original PPM.  It might be better to post them as an attachment, as ashasabeer did.  Otherwise you will be comparing the wrong image type with your ppm image.

intregrisist
Posted 19:45 Apr 08, 2011 |

Also, I just started and my gray-scale and bi-threshold resemble the images that you guys uploaded. :)

ashasabeer
Posted 20:08 Apr 08, 2011 |

Hi every one ,below image for Bi-level using error-diffusion,when i compare to other image i am getting black dots in white background.Attached my image .Let me know anyone got the same .

Attachments:
ashasabeer
Posted 20:10 Apr 08, 2011 |

Thanks

Is my Bi-level using error-diffusion is simillar to yours?
intregrisist wrote:

intregrisist
Posted 20:13 Apr 08, 2011 |

I'm still working on it, but that seems wrong.  I'll let you know in a few minutes.

intregrisist
Posted 21:31 Apr 08, 2011 |
ashasabeer wrote:

Thanks

intregrisist wrote:

I think my image is slightly off.

ashasabeer
Posted 21:55 Apr 08, 2011 |

Thanks ,resolved the problem and got the same output.

intregrisist wrote:
ashasabeer wrote:

Thanks

intregrisist wrote:

intregrisist
Posted 22:46 Apr 08, 2011 |
ashasabeer wrote:

Thanks ,resolved the problem and got the same output.

intregrisist wrote:
ashasabeer wrote:

Thanks

intregrisist wrote:

Really, cuz I think those black blotches on the edges shouldn't be there.  Attached is my Quad Level Error Diffusion.

intregrisist
Posted 15:37 Apr 09, 2011 |

Ok, I fixed my bi and quad level error diffusion.  Here are all my outputs except for uniform Color Quantization:

ashasabeer
Posted 15:51 Apr 09, 2011 |
where should  i look to solve this pblm?

intregrisist wrote:

Ok, I fixed my bi and quad level error diffusion.  Here are all my outputs except for uniform Color Quantization:

intregrisist
Posted 16:04 Apr 09, 2011 |
ashasabeer wrote:

intregrisist wrote:

I had sever problems with my code.  One, I did not create an array two hold the original values and nothing to hold the output values. Start off with that.  Make sure that whatever you are using (i.e., array), that the variable type can support decimals (i.e., 1.001) and keep making sure you use them for other calculations (e.x. calculating neighbor distribution values).  This is what Kang mentioned in class.

Finally, when doing the algorithm use ... 7.0 * e / 1.0 apposed to ... 7 * e / 1.

Other than that, if you treat her error diffusion slide as semi-pseudo code, you shouldn't have any problems.  Just follow the steps.  If it helps, create A to hold original values and B as your output/final values.  Remember, A gets altered just as the slides show.  B gets calculated throughout the algorithm one by one every time it goes to the next pixel - B should be "empty" at the beginning.

ashasabeer
Posted 16:13 Apr 09, 2011 |
Thanks a lot .This might help me.

intregrisist wrote:
ashasabeer wrote:

intregrisist wrote:

I had sever problems with my code.  One, I did not create an array two hold the original values and nothing to hold the output values. Start off with that.  Make sure that whatever you are using (i.e., array), that the variable type can support decimals (i.e., 1.001) and keep making sure you use them for other calculations (e.x. calculating neighbor distribution values).  This is what Kang mentioned in class.

Finally, when doing the algorithm use ... 7.0 * e / 1.0 apposed to ... 7 * e / 1.

Other than that, if you treat her error diffusion slide as semi-pseudo code, you shouldn't have any problems.  Just follow the steps.  If it helps, create A to hold original values and B as your output/final values.  Remember, A gets altered just as the slides show.  B gets calculated throughout the algorithm one by one every time it goes to the next pixel - B should be "empty" at the beginning.

mchan
Posted 01:31 Apr 10, 2011 |

Gray Scale

Bi-Level Threshold

Bi-Level Error Diffusion

Quad-Level Error Diffusion

Uniform Color Quantization