reset password
hanishppatel
Posted 14:47 Jan 30, 2011 |

I have a question

Do we have to assume that "All the items in the single transaction are always in ascending order" as its given in retail.txt

hmodi
Posted 15:14 Jan 30, 2011 |

Book says  " Apriori assumes that items within a transaction or itemset are sorted in lexicographic order".

cysun
Posted 15:48 Jan 30, 2011 |
hanishppatel wrote:

I have a question

Do we have to assume that "All the items in the single transaction are always in ascending order" as its given in retail.txt

No. Although the algorithm assumes the items are sorted, you cannot assume that the data is given to you in that way. In other words, you may need to sort the items yourself.

hanishppatel
Posted 18:28 Jan 30, 2011 |

I also have one more doubt

It is asked that 
  • outputFile is the name of a text file that contains the strong association rules discovered. Each association rule occupies one line in the format of
A -> B, SupportCount, Confidence

here Supportcount = no of transactions that contains both A and B
and Confidence = no of transaction that contains both A and B / no of transaction that contains A.

In case of itemset {A, B, C} will have same support count for all the strong association rules generated from the itemset.
cysun
Posted 20:19 Jan 30, 2011 |
hanishppatel wrote:

I also have one more doubt

It is asked that 
  • outputFile is the name of a text file that contains the strong association rules discovered. Each association rule occupies one line in the format of
A -> B, SupportCount, Confidence

here Supportcount = no of transactions that contains both A and B
and Confidence = no of transaction that contains both A and B / no of transaction that contains A.

In case of itemset {A, B, C} will have same support count for all the strong association rules generated from the itemset.

Yes.