reset password
cdecesa
Posted 18:18 Nov 04, 2010 |

I have setup SimpleDB using the steps outlined on the course web page but am not able to start the SimpleDB server. Below are screenshots of the errors I am receiving when I try to start the server. The first shows the error message "The specified JRE installation does not exist". The second shows the error "Build path entry is missing: org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER". 

Please let me know what steps I should take to resolve these errors. Please note that I am using JDK 1.6.

Build path entry is missing: org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER

cysun
Posted 21:34 Nov 04, 2010 |

It looks like there's some problem with the classpath to the system library, probably due to some difference between Windows and Mac.

Try the following:

1. Create a new Java Project. You don't need to create any class - an empty project will do.

2. Exit Eclipse.

3. Go to the folder of the newly created project (<workspace>/<project_name>) and look for a file called .classpath. Note that the file name starts with a dot which means it's hidden file. Open it with a text editor, and you should see a line that looks like:

<classpathentry kind="con" path="..." />

4. Go to the folder of the simpledb project, open the .classpath file there, and replace the path of <classpathentry kind="con"> with the value in the previous project.

5. Start Eclipse, refresh the simpledb project and try again.

cdecesa
Posted 21:36 Nov 05, 2010 |

Thank you, I followed your instructions and now it seems to be working correctly! For some reason, I also had to rebuild the project using the 1.5 version of the JDK/JRE.

hiran
Posted 10:10 Nov 08, 2010 |

It looks like there's some problem with the classpath to the system library, probably due to some difference between Windows and Mac.

Try the following:

1. Create a new Java Project. You don't need to create any class - an empty project will do.

2. Exit Eclipse.

3. Go to the folder of the newly created project (<workspace>/<project_name>) and look for a file called .classpath. Note that the file name starts with a dot which means it's hidden file. Open it with a text editor, and you should see a line that looks like:

<classpathentry kind="con" path="..." />

4. Go to the folder of the simpledb project, open the .classpath file there, and replace the path of <classpathentry kind="con"> with the value in the previous project.

5. Start Eclipse, refresh the simpledb project and try again.

I tried your instructions but I am getting  ClassNotFoundException .Below I am adding my screenshots of the errors.